Monday, September 10, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Paradox


In trying to explain my worldview on here, I've focused, so far on the stuff that impacts lives in a very personal way- how we walk in the world, how we operate, live, create, find happiness. It's how I experience Spirit in every day life. This is the part of the discussion that's important to me. It's practical.

I can't know how we got here. I can't know if God is a bearded guy sitting on a throne surrounded by angels and harps. Or if she is the void. I don't know about the spark that started it all...or if there was a start....or if there wasn't, how to understand all that. The macro part of theology is out of my control or my ability to comprehend and, truth be told, it doesn't impact me so I figure why waste time on it? I'm a practical, actional, body centered, Earth based sort of gal, making her way through this plane today here and now. I've had body experiences that have led me to understandings and more questions that I continue to explore. I feel as if I'm a pretty well grounded, practical mystic.

There is, however, a bigger world and I would like to talk about it a bit here. But, again..being that Earthbound gal, I'm really only interested in how it impacts life here and today. Plus, I don't know how to talk about it in any other way. It involves what I've come to call "Embracing The Paradox Of Existence."


I am the creator of my world and a co-creator of the universe...and...I am nothing...a blip in the scheme of things

There is no time as powerful as now as it is the point of all creation...and...now is gone the minute it is born and means nothing

Humans beings are the leading edge of creation.....and....humans are a nothing in the scope of creation and life. We have been here for a nanosecond in creation's time and will be gone soon

I can never know what God is...and....when I experience that union, I have experienced God and know exactly what God is.

I am eternal.....and......I will die

Life is precious.....and......life is ubiquitous, common

I create and am fully responsible for everything in my life...and....I have absolutely no conscious control over my life

I think that when we forget about one half of the paradox, we lose balance. When we get emotionlly invested in one or the other we get lost. Focusing on being insignificant only, can lead to depression. Focusing on our divinity can bring arrogance.

But when I embrace both as equally true statements, the macro and micro are united in my "real" truth- that both are eqully true for me today and every day.

And yet...mean nothing.

This makes me happy.
Art:
Paradox of Life by Arthur Douet
This article was featured in be Conscious now's Carnival of Truth #8

10 comments:

Constance said...

I liked all of those juxtapostions, Pamm !

Hope that you are having a good Monday afternoon, of powerful one...

Also a blip... enjoying the here and now :)

Cyber hugs,
Loving Annie

Pamm said...

Thanks, Annie..I am and I wish the same for you!!!

Warrior said...

I understand this completely and you are so right. It reminds me of how none of us are isolated islands either, and yet I am so disconnected from the majority of humanity......or am I? ......

Pamm said...

Ooooh...goodie..thanks, Warrior..another one!

Greenwoman said...

Nicely put. And thank you for answering my question about the Solo Practice last week. ((Hugs))

derick said...

the paradox is truly an amazing situation ---the duality in all of us is another.
we grapple with trying to "understand" WHAT THE PARADOX IS TO BECOME WHOLE AGAIN and in the process we are faced with the dualities and dichotomies of life. when we finally get a little closer we find that the dualities and the paradox were just a state of mind and what we were seeking externally was always present inside us---now that is the greatest paradox of all.
development and the evolution of the soul is definitely not how the crow flies.
thanks foe a great thought provoking piece
take care
derick

Pamm said...

You bet, Greenwoman. And thanks, my Sister TantraGal.



Derick-

I love the way you put things. Thanks so much for stopping by and adding to.

derick said...

HELLO,
TAKE A BREAK AND SEE THE 'PARADOX' OF THE HANDS
TAKE CARE
DERICK

Patricia Singleton said...

Pamm, thanks for giving us your view of the paradox. I will need to think about what you have said.

Pamm said...

Thanks, Derick..Love the hands.

And thanks for stopping by Patricia!! Happy pondercating. No matter where we end up with it, I always love the thinking pieces and parts.