Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

A 30 Day Journey

As I've said a few times in this blog, I've been kinda sorta in a bit of a limboland now for a couple of years. The cauldron's definitely been bubbling. Last Fall, I reached an all time low. Try as I might to be positive, to flow, to do/be all of that stuff, I was not a happy camper. I kept seeing it as a cycle of life, knowing it wouldn't last, but not finding respite. It kinda culminated with a huge family thing right before Christmas that jolted me big time with a situation that could have been lethal for one of my daughters. Muy scary for this Mom.


After looking at all the "what if's" and things that "could have been," ....and.... given other situations in my life that had been building and intense, I realized about April that I had to let go of lots.

Life started to turn.

About July, I feel I reached a new level of surrender and letting go. Then the beginning of August, another piece fell into place and there was an even greater release. At the same time, things in life started to "get better," incrementally.

Then last week, I went to one of my favorite blogs, be Conscious now by Kara-Leah Masina. She had a post about surrender. This led me to Zen Chill's article on letting go and surrender.

I began an internal program of surrendering even more. I refocused and made it strong intention to be even more conscious of every time I began to feel stress. If I felt a glitch in the matrix of any sort, I would try, as soon as possible, to remember trust and letting go. To feel safe. To not push down, not run. I sat even more in the middle of what used to make me twitch and which I would try to avoid to "be happy." I sat with pain if pain came up, sat with fear until it moved through, returning to remembering my Spirit. I felt myself going to a deeper level than I had been.

The idea of doing some Cathartic breathwork has been coming in over the last few weeks. Awhile ago, I had a client do a session. As she left, she asked me how often I do them. I had to answer that truthfully, it's been awhile. Until about six years ago, I had been doing them regularly but that lately my breathing practice is to just do things throughout the day in little mini meditations. Continued, gentle focus on the breath leads to the same result, but just more slowly.

That conversation stayed with me.

Life's been good but I think it's time to amp it up.

My favorite CD for breathwork was Jeru Kabbal's Quantum Light Breath. I found a new one done by a person I've mentioned on here, Richard Bach. This morning I decided to try it out for the first time. I love it.

During the meditation, it came to me to do this process every day for 30 days. As so much of life is out of my conscious control right now and I can't get a strong direction as to where to go, it came to me that what needs to happen right now is to refocus on intense Spirit Growth in a way that I haven't in a long time.

So, for the next 30 days (except when traveling):

I commit to doing this meditation at least once every day. Then throughout the day, in between sessions to continue to do mini meditations of surrender.

I commit to restarting my daily yoga practice.

I commit to getting back on the path if I fall off.

I commit to learn new levels of surrender. I am willing to let go of any relationship that does not serve, every living situation that does not serve, every idea about how my life should look, everything I know. I also let go of having any need for having anything "come out" of this adventure.

And, for the next 30 days, I will use this blog to record the journey.

Cool.
Art:
Surrender from here

8 comments:

Paul said...

Sounds good. I was doing the same kind of thing back in the eighties in my late twenties with the help of Seeking the Heart of Wisdom by Goldstein and Kornfield and Thich Nhat Hahn's The Miracle of Mindfulness.

Life changing.

Warrior said...

Yes very very Cool

Pamm said...

Hi, Mike...yes it is, isn't it? I found it most profound when I was doing this stuff intensely. And for some reason I haven't wanted to for a few years...until now.

A number of friends of mine spent lots of time with Jack Kornfield. I hear he was a pretty profound teacher.

Thanks for stopping by.



Hugs, Warrior.

derick said...

hello,
thanks for stopping by--
everything has a time and a place--
if one is willing to expand there is another time frame in which we operate---just when one thinks that we have just got this surrendering thing licked there will be a situation to remind us that we are not totally in control--and that is kind of cool , because that is part of the great surrender.
when one can lose all the conditioned fears that we have been programmed with and of course to take some resposibility, the one's that we have allowed to develop because of the payback---there always is a payback for staying where one is , no matter how painful it is.
the final surrrender is when one can face one's own mortality---
surrender, accept and assimilate and then live for another 50 years-
always a great pleasure visiting
take care
derick

Pamm said...

Yup..sounding like a Bardo to me, Derick.

I'm enjoying this, because as you said...we reach one level of surrender/joy and then find there's more to surrender to behind it.

Life is just that way, yes? Opening to new and newer levels of joy, connection...finding those subtle places we thought we were surrendered to but we were holding back. I'm finding lots of stuff here. It's a great pleasure.

And thanks to you, too, for stopping by here.

Anonymous said...

Don't know why, but only just realised I wasn't subscribed to your site! Fixed that immediately, and stepped into this series on surrender.

Can identify with SO many parallels in my own life, and am loving reading about what comes up for you as you do this.

I have been struggling intensely with yoga practice - well with asana. Massive block of some kind there... and doing asanas activates monkey mind, along with doubting mind and critical mind and judgmental you should be better than this because you teach yoga mind...

So I've let asana go for now.

And instead am doing a walking meditation, pranayama, bandhas and then seated meditation.

I LOVE it.

I haven't committed like you to every day for 30 days... but am getting it in most days. Maybe I should just commit.

Hmmm... watch my blog.

You've inspired me again Pamm.

(And I'm still LOVING those tapes.)

much joy,
KL

Pamm said...

Ooooh...Kara-Leah...so exicted with all your stuff..as I said, it was reading your blog that hit me and stayed that got me going here. So, thanks.

...and doing asanas activates monkey mind, along with doubting mind and critical mind and judgmental you should be better than this because you teach yoga mind...


LOVED this. Hehehe....isn't Monkey Mind a hoot?

Anonymous said...

Somehow giving that process a name - Monkey Mind, makes it easy to SEE it when it arises, and recognise it as NOT ME. Yet of me...

With that in mind, am also looking at naming Fear in some manner as it is the other 'entity' I am learning to discern and separate out from who I am...

And like, WOW - day 6 & 7 was fascinating stuff, I'm loving the way you so articulately share this process you are undertaking. It's awesome!!!