Monday, May 7, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Law Of Attraction: Bodywork


One of the best ways to feel more in alignment is to be more in the body. A clear fluid body, free from accumulated stress can change a person's whole outlook on life. Ever get a massage? Remember how really really good a good one felt...like you are walking on air?


The body and mind are linked. Sometimes I wonder where one begins and another ends. If I am stressed, my body cramps up. Shoulders tense and end up around the ears. Eventually the backs goes out. I've had countless occasions where my emotional release has an impact on my physical wellbeing. One notable time was when my back was in a tweak phase. I tried everything- chiropracty, massage, yoga, etc. Nothing worked and my back was sore for a few months. Then one day I was driving in the car and I felt like screaming. So I did. I screamed, cried and yelled all sorts of obscenities for a good ten minutes; sounds like a short amount of time, but try to maintain that level of intensity for that long. When I was done, my back was totally free.

I've also experienced this in reverse. There have been times when my mind has been fretting,then I do a breathwork session, release whatever it is that I've been holding onto and I am at peace. I believe there is a reason some practitioners call it 'bodymind' rather than separating the two.

I've explored a number of different modalities and want to present a review, recommendations and links to all of them for anyone reading who is looking for tools that work in aligning themselves consciously with Law of Attraction.

9 comments:

Jonas said...

Both yoga and running do it for me. I was amazed at the effect my yoga practice had on me, over time. I highly recommend it.

Pamm said...

Hi, Jonas...yes, me, too. Yoga is great. Do you still practice?

Jonas said...

Sadly, no...I can no longer engage in a full suite of yoga postures because my right hip hurts too much in many of the poses. I do a hodge-podge of stretches...anything that doesn't hurt, basically.

Warrior said...

Yes I scream. I have problems with my back. Deep breathing is good. I don't have the patience for yoga. I run. I dive into the sea, I am the only one really since end of October. Almost everyday I am there and I am at peace.

Greenwoman said...

Walking, archery, yoga, sweat lodge ceremony and singing do it for me.

Pamm said...

Hi, Jonas...sad to hear that your hip hurts and takes you away from that which you love.



Ah..the sea. The wonderful sea. Healer of many things, yes indeed.



Hi, Greenwoman...you mentioning sweat lodge twice now reminds me it has been awhile since I have done one. Time to do one soon, I think. Powerful stuff.

Thanks for stopping by ya'll.

Anonymous said...

That's why when we do visualization, the first thing we do is take a deep breath and then relax all your muscle in your body.. :)

Herman
http://www.scienceofgettingrichwattles.com

Warrior said...

Hey jonas, why not do somebody work on that hip? It might help healing it?

Pamm said...

Greetings and welcome, Herman- Yes! The Breath: free, easily accessible, simple, the most effective tool we have. And I love how it informs where we aren't clear.