Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Breema


I have a Chiroprator friend in town who is amazing with the body. She seems to know every cell, what it does, what is connected to what, what nerve goes where. She's a yoga instructor as well, aligning the body properly so the postures are done correctly.

A few years back she started telling me she was learning this form of Bodywork from Afghanistan called Breema. She told me she was slowly shifting all her patients to this Breema thing because it was so effective in aligning the body. It was really different, getting all the body's energies working correctly, I really should come in for a session, it was amazing, yadayada, etc.

Because I am such a bodywork slut, most anyone who is trying anything new wants me to try it. But I put her off. She offered specials and kept bugging me to go in. Every time, I ignored her.


Finally I had extra time, had developed more of a curiosity and she had a special that I couldn't refuse. What the heck, why not? I was in one of my back tweaked periods (my right sacro-iliac joint had a tendancy to slide out of place from time to time and cause excrutiating pain). I had done the chiropractic and massage things I generally do, but like the time I describe here, none of my usual tricks were working.

Breema is done on the floor. One place described it as a cross between a Thai Massage and partner yoga. There are no tradtional massage "strokes." You just breath deeply, letting go into the moment and allowing the practitioner to move you. All the movements are designed to open the channels of energy in your body and bring you present. No one body part is addressed..it's a whole body balancing thing.

My experience? The first time I went, I didn't know what to expect. I was unprepared and the truth is that I kept thinking "this is weird..what the heck?" But I always let go into every bodywork thing so did here, too, not expecting much. When I was done I stayed on the floor feeling nice, but didn't think it outstanding.

No, that didn't happen until I got up and felt every body meridian flowing. My back felt totally free. I felt like belly dancing. And I felt like this for a few weeks. So now, I highly recommend Breema. Highly. It's magic.

And doesn't it just look so yummy?

Sigh......... Don'tcha want to get one today? I do.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh....sigh.........







We likey.

All photos are from the
Breema Center

6 comments:

Ash Srivastava said...

Hi pamm thanks for you comment and bringing to my attention the book Truth vs. Falsehood. I have not read it yet but will take a look...the results definitely seem skewed. I like your blog and its always great to find like minded individuals. I will be visiting:)

Pamm said...

Hi and welcome, Mr. Biggs!

I will look forward to hearing what you think about the book. I was so jazzed when I read the "Power vs. Force" one then got so disconcerted with the new one. I should probably finish it, but I wasn't creating a happy vibration in myself while reading it (wink, wink).

I like your blog, too, and will be back!

Warrior said...

that looks wonderful. Come gimmie one ;)

Pamm said...

Hi, Warrior...hehehe..it is amazing. It's the first bodywork I think of when I think of bodywork these days. And I have tried lots of stuff.

Sadly, I don't know how to give the sessions. There are certain moves they do, hooking into energy currents that I don't know. The whole thing is a dance, meditation, giving/receiving. Feedback from the people I have gotten sessions from (two different people) is that the sessions realign the practitioner, too. Very powerful stuff, indeed, great therapy without having to talk or process or be mental or think. I just get to feel and feel good.

Greenwoman said...

That does look wonderful!

Pamm said...

Ohhhhhhhhh...Greenwoman..it surely is. One of my favorite things in life.