Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Law Of Attraction and I'm Sorry


What does Law of Attraction have to do with saying I'm sorry? It's about being clear in my energy and the relationship I have with myself and another.

When I say I'm sorry, is that what I'm really saying?

First off, am I really "sorry?" Usually, it's that I'm feeling another emotion-

-Sad for you and life that I was blind to something I did that you now feel badly about. While I cannot control how you react to me, am not responsible for your internal processes, I'm sad that anything I unintentionally did is now causing pain somewhere in the universe. I cannot say I won't do it again, because it's me and I will not diminish myself to keep you safe, but I wish we could all be happy. I will sit with you while you figure out what it is that makes you sad about what I do/did because I care about you and know the journey can be eased with another's love by your side.

The energy here says to me: It was not intentional, therefore I'm not really sorry because I have done nothing out of alignment. I am saying it to hope that you feel better. But will you, in the long run, benefit from me taking responsibility for your hurt when I have as my primary intent not to harm? Again...I can use "excuses" for being blind, but if I am trying my best to be conscious and if another person gets hurt because of their own inner buttons and triggers, am I really serving them by feeding their unconsiousness? It's an interesting energetic to set up and get caught in.

- Frustrated with myself for doing something I wanted to do, thought it might harm or upset you, but did it anyway and hoped you wouldn't find out. Perhaps I am in a monogamous relationship and I feel an attraction for someone else. I don't say anything because I want to protect you. I also want to feel my attraction, maybe flirt, because it's fun. Say I'm a teen who wants to go to a party, knows that it's probably off limits, but goes anyway, not telling the parent about it so as to avoid hearing a no.

I get upset with myself because I am not telling the truth and I know it. I have very good reasons for not doing so that all boil down to "I want what I want and don't appreciate anyone else deciding if I get what I want or not." The energy is wishywashy...there hasn't necessarily been an "affair" or a direct lying to the parents, I ride the lines. When/if I am "found out" I can be wishywashy in my response, too. I justify the actions to the other and myself, get defensive almost angry/protective in my "sorry" turning it back on the other and their inability to understand me. Well...I only played...it didn't go anywhere, I wasn't sure, you didn't directly say___________. If I'm not found out, our energy is out of whack too because we "know" deep down we are out of integrity with ourselves.

It speaks to me of: I am afraid that I will not get what I want in any other way other than withholding and avoiding. I'll keep myself unclear and the energy unclear so that if I have to admit it, I can wishywashy my way out and not be responsible for my creation.

Is this the energy we want to be sending out to the universe?

-Am I Needing outside forgiveness? Before I understood this, I would often confuse and be unconscious about the Sadness part or the Frustrated part talked about above. Because I was being unconscious about the dynamics involved, I would get hooked into the entangled spiral of energy around it and feel guilt. If I could not forgive myself for the guilt, I would want/need to be forgiven from the outside to be able to live with myself. This required the other person to forgive me. They weren't always ready to.

The energy here says: I have messed up and I'm really upset with myself about this. Even though you are the one who has been "wronged" here I require you to step outside your feelings of dissappointment, pain and confusion to take care of me. You need to be big about this. Eeuw. Ick.
_______________________________


A genuine Higher Self "Sorry" requires nothing in return. It's not guilt ridden. It comes from the heart of deepest compassion for Self and Other at the condition called "we make mistakes." It's an acknowledgement that we are all human, that we are all doing this Dance together, we come together to learn from one another through these mistakes. That whether I'm the giver or the receiver of the sorry, I attracted this behavior for finding ultimate deeper connection with my inner Divinity. Wanna play with me to find out what that might be? There is no perpetrator, no victim here, no reason for the sorry, really, as there is nothing to forgive.
_______________________________

So, again...this is all nice....all theory....theory I like, but ungrounded in action. What's important for me is: how do I apply this?

If I am the "giver" of the sorry:

If someone is upset with me, I look at my intent here as this is my guide in response:

If I feel I that this is something that is the other person's stuff, I will hold onto myself. I do not say I am sorry because it isn't the truth. I will say I am sad for them that they are unhappy and can I work with them as they figure out what their projection is? If it involves an action they want me to take, I see within myself if it's something I want to do. If I don't, I tell them that I won't, that I hope this does not impede our relationship as I love them, but that I will not let go of myself here.

If I've been wishywashy (hardly ever happens anymore), then I see that it's time to get clear. I don't blame the other for my lack of clarity. I take responsibility and act differently.

If I've done something I know will hurt and done anyway, I admit it, I own it. I don't expect forgiveness in return. If they never forgive me, I don't try to dissuade them. I don't try to talk them out of their rage, sadness, don't ask that they trust me again. I stay until they feel complete in their expression of it. I am there for them. If they choose to continue in relationship with me, I agree to things that feel in alignment, then keep those agreements with more consciousness.

If I am the receiver of the sorry:

I don't want one. The sorry is for the giver.

I want them to hear and understand/see/feel what it did for me, taking themselves out of the picture. I want them to know me. I want an acknowledgement that the person understands what they've done, why they've done it and learn the deeper thing of it for themselves. Then we get to go to: now that this is figured out....why did we co-create this? What did we really do here? If I have players of this level, I get really excited. It's what life is all about for me and provides tons more juice than a Sorry.

Once there is clarity, my vibrational field is open, I unblock and am more open energetically to receiving all I consciously want from Law Of Attraction.


Unconditional Love by Roni Pinto
Prayer and Compassion by Lily Myers Kaplan



6 comments:

Jonas said...

I don't agree that "sorry" is just for the giver. I agree with all that you wrote, but I also feel strongly that, if I wrong someone, I owe them an apology. It is a matter of respect. It is a demonstratation that one truly understands the hurt (assuming the apology is heartfelt). Contrition is made manifest in a true apology...it is a balm for both.

Pamm said...

I agree that an owning of what I have done is in order and I offer it every time. And it's heartfelt.

I wasn't clear in my writing...the only time I don't apologise is when the first condition is in place....where I feel I have done nothing wrong and it's the other person's stuff. I won't lie.

But in the other two instances, if I have beer unclear or wishywashy in my energy or I have done something I knew was out of alignment, I own it, admit it, tell them I was wrong. I own my shit. And I own that I wronged them. This is my gift.

But for me...and this is just me...I don't want apologies. Don't want sorries. I feel the owning by someone is the gift for me....not the sorry. I want to find out what we were doing/why we did this/why we would commit to a relationship then find ourselves here.

Hope this makes more sense/ is fuller.

Greenwoman said...

I appreciate hearing the apology...but what I need far more is responsibility and right action....on everyone's part.

Pamm said...

Hi, Greenwoman...thanks for stopping by and adding your voice.

Warrior said...

Hmmm For me, your comment is clearer than your post. Now I want to say sorry. I don't mean to criticise and I hope I am not diminishing the work you put into the post. That is not my intention at all. So that is why I am saying sorry. In case.. ... however.... how my heart sings when I read this line why did we co-create this? What did we really do here? This responsibility in relationship is something I harken after. Often a third person is needed as not everyone can get into the 'honest' higher self...
Hugs and kisses

Pamm said...

Thanks, Warrior...good feedback and I appreciate it. Writing is not always easy. I know what I mean and it's sometimes not easy to figure out what it might mean to others.