Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

At The Speed Of Life


I had been doing all sorts of oddball body "therapies" in my late 20's and early 30's. Much of it centered around getting my linear mind out of the way, experiencing the body's energies and directly accessing deeper unconscious stuff. I did alot of cathartic breathwork, often in warm bath.

I was getting different kinds of body work done: Network Chiropractic, Deep Tissue Release work of varying kinds, regular massage. I found during those sessions I would get a memory or emotional flash, sometimes deep grief, past life memories, or things that caused pain when I was a child. I found that if I went into the emotional component, that often the body pain/tweak/ache would release. I learned to tune into my body and focus there, even when not getting the bodywork done, knowing that my body held much of my wisdom and as well as the pain. I started doing a process called Voice Dialogue, which I'll talk about soon. Suffice it to say that it's a verbal therapy that gets me out of my linear brain, pushing me into an almost trance state of Sacred Theatre as I access different archetypal energies inside me and let them speak.

I was convinced by my late 20's that traditional verbal therapies were not for me. A friend of mine had started taking workshops from a husband and wife team, Gay and Katie Hendricks. She kept telling me I would love them as they were doing all the stuff I was already involved in, had the same approach that I was using in bits and pieces here and there. They had it all together in a unified system. After a few months of not being interested and she had just come back from another workshop, she MADE me read one of the books.

I found my new Gods.

I love it when I am on a Path and find someone so totally in line with the way I see things that I feel like I've written the book. I devoured everything Gay had written and started to do the exercises he suggested.

Their processes are body based and what they call "no blame microscopic truth" to self and others. The breath is integral. Posture, body language, aches and pains, all of it has the potential of giving clues to something going on in the psyche and providing the way through to healing if given the chance. Their techniques are so powerful that bodies change. Gay used to wear glasses, but spontaneously had perfect eyesight and no longer needs them. It was my experience that when I lost weight (I used to be very fat) that when I would hit those "plateaus" often talked about, I would notice old issues coming up. When I would do the inner work around them, I would suddenly lose say ten pounds all at once, loose slowly again, then go to my next plateau and start over again. When I asked them about it, they said that yes, that had been their experience working with people and that they had also seen food allergies disappear when the issues that were embodied when that food was introduced got cleared up.

I ended up taking their Body Centered training. It was at one of the weeklong events that I finally made the promise to myself to leave my marriage if my husband didn't want to work on our relationship with these tools. The night I got back, I asked him to go there with me. He didn't want to. I told him I was done. I feel that the work I did there gave me the strength to make a choice to live fully and boldly. It was not an easy decision with three children.

Their trainings are not easy. They work at stripping away personas and getting to our essence. They will rip someone apart if they try to use any mask, especially the Victim. It actually can seem heartless from the outside, but through all their work with thousands of people, I get that they have learned that the only way to get past the Victim voice is to obliterate it and let it know that it is no longer in charge. Although they never said this directly that I remember, their work taught me that the Victim position is the strongest most powerful one we carry. It keeps us stuck, not alive. It entices us to destructive addictions. It's fear keeps us half alive because it talks us out of taking risks, keeps us believing we are "less than" and powerless. They are merciless with the Victim. They were with me.

I'm not sure of their techniques now as I worked with them fourteen years ago. But my guess is that they are even better at what they do now than they were then. They are keenly interested in working with people who are functioning well, but want to function at their highest possible level. If you feel stuck in any way in your life and have dreams of living a huge one, I can think of no better teachers to get you there. The processes rip through inner blocks to joy, abundance, finding life purpose, whole healthy relationship, and full aliveness in every way you can possibly conceive. They offer the best ways to transform the unconsious beliefs that we hold that interfere with us using Law Of Attraction consciously. There's a reason my favorite book of theirs is called "At The Speed Of Life."

mindbody taken from here
fireworks taken from here
rocket taken from here



All of their books are really amazing....here are more.....

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

That sounds like a book that I should read. Thanks for the tip!

Pamm said...

You betcha....time for lift off!!!