Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Powerfully Living Heroes

My Sweet Friend Karen over at Live the Power is having a superduper celebration for her Blog's first birthday. She's got games, incentives and lots of fun prizes she's giving away in her monthlong party/fest. If you have a blog and want to play along, then be sure to visit her and find out all the fun things she has planned. If you don't have a blog, then be sure to visit her blog for the neverending, sweet, positive, uplifting message she has to share. Like me, she is an Abraham fan and has won the Abundance thank you in my sidebar twice now. I can report with full authority that she is as kind in email as in her blog. Blogland is Blessed to have someone who cares so deeply about others. Plus, as a bona fide hedonist, I, too, celebrate my birthday for at least a month, so want to support others in that vital endeavor.

Karen has tagged me to write on Unlimited Power and what that means to me. She says "It can be about challenges, reaching goals, achieving dreams or just living the life you want. It can be about Life lessons, Empowering Resources or Daily Habits. It can be about the past, present, future."

I like this topic. Like Karen I am more of an intuitive sort of writer...the stuff has to flow out or I don't like what gets put down. I've been pondercating this long and hard and the more I do, the longer it gets. In fact, so far, it's become a three part posting about Self Love, Death and the Victim that isn't quite ready to flow out yet, but is still percolating. But I did want to start celebrating her and her blog.

Along with that three-ish part post, I've also decided to start chronicling some of my heroes. These may be, but are not necessarily, ones in the news. Mostly they will be ones I run across in my everyday life. They are people who touch me deeply and send me little messages from God every time I see them. I learn best by hearing others' stories. This is why I write mine so often. I can't often put what I've learned down unless it's in metaphorical terms or "re-feeling" and going within with what my experience has taught me. These heroes are people who remind me of what Powerful Living is. For me, examples of powerful living that touch me aren't usually in the headlines, it's in our small circles. One of the things I love about being a human here is that we get to be Teachers and Angels for each other all the time. These people are mine.

The Little Old Lady

I live in a fairly smallish town that has tons of local characters we all see, know and love. Most of them hang out downtown, but this woman doesn't go there. I don't think she can get there from the three miles that our neighborhood is from town center.

I see her every day in her hat, windbreaker and tennis shoes,walking the length of the busy road we live off of- maybe a little over a mile, back and forth. She must be at least 75 or so, with severe osteoporosis or maybe an accident resulting in a body that bends about 60 degress at the waist, kind of angling over to her left side. Her left leg drags and she moves very slowly...her body is so bent and misshapen that she has a walker.

Usually, I am in my car whizzing by, in the middle of Very Important Things. But I am never so busy that I don't see her. One day, I was walking, too...and we crossed paths. When I looked into her eyes, I saw strong, passionate sparkly Life flowing there. She hailed me with her sweet melodious voice wishing me the best for the day, her laughter ringing like a bell. She was joy. I am thankful for her presence and constant reminder of the gift of being alive, no matter what our exteriors might mean to other people. I so love that this woman gets herself up and walks, holding onto her body in all the ways she can and does so with joy. This, to me, is the most powerful living there is. I am humbled.



I would like to tag Greenwoman, Warrior , Deb, Annie, and Alexa to speak about how they live powerfully.

Butterfly from here

11 comments:

Constance said...

Good Wednesday afternoon Pamm/Gillette !

Nice to know that there is someone else who has two sides to her as well :)

Thank you for tagging me ! Frankly, I am a bit intimidated by the idea since as far as I am concerned I vacation powerfully, but I think that comes across as so obnoxious, I hate to share it...

As far as the rest of my life being powerful, I'm just not there yet, Pamm... If I could hold onto this thought and perhaps post something in a month or two, then I think I would be quite ready.

I'm just not yet, because what comes to mind is finances and how I handle them, and I don't feel comofrtable sharing that...

Anyway, again, I appreciate you thinking of me, and am glad we are cyber-chatting and having a chance to visit and enjoy each-other's sites !

p.s. Have you read Jerry & Esther Hicks vibrational power books ? Is that the Abraham that you are referring to ?

Sincerely,
Loving Annie

Pamm said...

Annie...you can do whatever feels best for you with this. I just wanted to tell you that I've enjoyed reading you and especially your new evolution of powerful living. Write what you want when you want. In the meantime, I'll be reading what you feel comfortable doing when you do it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you do make me think my dear. This is actually coming at a good time and I think I'll be able to use this to help me stay focused. I wrote a letter to the universe the other day to unload and ask for help and I felt so calm afterwards, yes this is a good thing you have done for me. The angels have been keeping tabs on us. ;-)

Abbracci

Anonymous said...

Wow Pamm! What a beautiful post! I love the story of the old lady, I even got tingly as I read it! I love to see people who live powerfully like that! They are such joyous examples of a wonderful life!!
Thank you, thank you Pamm! Sending you my Love and wishing you Great Joy!!

Warrior said...

Talk about challenging....wow...me living powerfully ha, I used to... okay it will take some time I can promise I will write, but when I don't know.

Pamm said...

Hi, Alexa-will look forward to what you have to say, when you say it! Hugs.


Karen- great party you're having!! Thanks for creating all this.


Hey Warrior..no worries...will be waiting and watching.

Greenwoman said...

Beautiful story sister friend...*smiles* She sounds like a bright spot in your life. I'm honored to know her just a smidge through you.

Thank you for including me in this meme. I've played. *smiles*

Pamm said...

Hi, Greenwoman..will go over and see what you've written.

hugs.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Sweetly powerful and powerfully sweet post. Thanks.

Warrior said...

I can't stop smiling

Pamm said...

You bet, Adrienne..I saw her again yesterday...windbreaker, hat, glasses, tennis shoes. Even in the heat. I love her.


Me, too, Warrior..whenever I think of her I do.