Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Happy Songs And Goals

I've been tagged by two lovely ladies to play Meme games!


The first is from Karen at Live the Power. It's a meme called “Songs that make your heart sing” and was started by Hilda at Living Out Loud.


This one is way easy for me. My favorite song of all times is "In Your Eyes," by Peter Gabriel. I've heard it hundreds of times, and each time I hear it I instantaneously get happyhappy...ecstatic, actually. If I'm standing I dance, if I'm driving my arms dance and I sing it really really loud. I love it because it's about the power of love, but also because of the music. You can listen to an amazing live version of it here. Yup, cried again it's so beautiful to me...I love watching people dance and sing. Gabriel says it's about Love between people or of God.


And, I get to tag three others so am tagging Jonas who I don't think does memes but he does do music, Greenwoman and Vera Nadine because......


___________________________________



....Vera Nadine tagged me for another Meme called Alex Shalman's Gotta Get Goals! which can be found here. I'm supposed to "write about the top 5 to 10 goals that you gotta’ get so that you can truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life. These have to be your best, most exclusive, and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list."

I have to admit this one is not as easy as finding my favorite song.

Goals....

I used to have tons of them. I did lots fulfilling them. About six years ago, I felt like I had fulfilled enough for a lifetime, in fact, and kind of let go of lots of outside goals. Instead I focused on learning how to be a be-er instead of a do-er, being happyhappy in the wonderful world I had created, with the only goals being to find a few people who I could impact and to be the best parent I could. And in that, the desires and long ago goals I had of travel, experience and stuff were fulfilled, in magical and abundant ways I could not have imagined.

So I did that and then I started to dream again about two years ago. I wanted more. I have dreams again, which I am simultaneously letting go of. I am learing to ride the edge of huge creation, while trying to maintain balance in the being ways I learned before. These dreams will be or they won't. Either way will be fine. My Dreams:

1) To recapture that full on hum I used to feel in my body all the time- that constant in full- alignment-joy-thing

2) To love a man the same way I love my children

3) I dream of circles of women all over Africa, councils of women who are dedicated to health and educating themselves and their children. I see/feel/get that Africa is the place of enlightenment these days. And I want to do all I can to contribute to that. I feel a connection.

4) I see artists all over the world creating the various gifts they give to the rest of us. I want to find a way to support that.

5) To continue to open and be in Service to The All in my own ways.

6) To die with my children around me, knowing they continue to feel unconditionally loved and carry that with them wherever they go, whatever they do for the rest of their lives.


And I will invite anyone who wants to play with this Meme to do so!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Songs? There's just too many to mention, really. And most of them predate the current Pop-Rock era.

1.) CANTALOUBE: SONGS OF THE AUVERGNE

2.) Anything by John P. Sousa

3.) Ditto for Louie Armstrong.

4.) Ditto for Duke Ellington.

5.) Ditto for Mead Lux Louis

6.) Pete Johnson.

7.) Pine Top Smith

8.) T Monk.

9.) Art Blakey

10.) Dizzy Gillespie

11.) I could go on and on in Jazz. Then there's the Bluegrass.. all the Cajuns...the marching Bands of NOLA...the Pipers too...

I could go on & on... In several different venues.


Most of my Big secret dreams are well neigh impossible. They might even be well guessed at though. I've got a few that are as improbable as this too: "2) To love a man the same way I love my children". But One that is so secret and generally unspeakable that the dear wife can only just laugh at it, and I've mentioned it to no one else. Yet she knows that I'm deadly serious about it.

Most of the other stuff, I'm actively trying to see come to pass. So I guess even if they're wild dreams, I'm still trying to achieve them. Cheers, 'VJ'

Pamm said...

Oh, Goodie, VJ- I love it when you play...but then, again...aren't you usually? Wink.

So now you definitely have my curiousity piqued with your serious dream.....

I hope they all come true.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Pamm, thanks for the link to Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes. Very heartwarming to watch them performing it--so much joy.

Anonymous said...

If the Big secret dream ever came true the country would be changed in an instant, and certainly for generations to come. And Definitely for the better. That's what makes it so enticing and yet so very dangerous at the very same time. And now you get the sense of it.

But I also forgot in my music list the Blues & Count Basie too. And I'll tell you a more useful secret. All around the world, in almost every culture they have the same response to this one question. 'What to you do to alleviate pain, heartache & suffering in your life?' Universally the one common answer all around the world is the same. 'Music' was the healing answer. JUst a thought for the day. Cheers & Good Luck, "VJ'

Jonas said...

It's REALLY hard to beat Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes." I LOVE that song (particularly the live concert version featuring Paula Cole on backup vocals).

I've listed songs that resonate and shimmer inside of me in various blog entries. You can find a partial listing here:

http://attwilightblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/plucking-heartstrings.html

This list includes songs that make my heart soar...and songs that make me ponder...(or, sometimes, cry)

If I simply want to sing and dance and laugh, I'll pop a BoDeans or Subdudes CD into my music box and...well...I'll simply dance and sing.

Pamm said...

Hi, Adrienne..wasn't it glorious? I'm not sure but I think it the one that Jonas talks about with Paula Cole as the vocals. Outrageous..I'm going now to listen again! Makes me cry with happiness every time.


Ooooh...VJ...a man after my heart with is dreams!! Well..if my dream comes true, we'll have to get together and see what can happen, muahahahahahaha....


Why so happy you decided to chime in, Jonas. I have seen many of your listings, which is why I thought of you. And I hope that people go take a look at your list.

Anonymous said...

Great Song!
Thanks for playing Pamm!

Pamm said...

You bet, Karen..thanks for tagging me and giving me the push to share it. Blessings to you!

Greenwoman said...

I love when you tag me for memes they're always so damned deep and fun.

You do indeed make me think my new friend...You do indeed.

So does Adrienne...Man the last few posts are gonna make my head explode. LOL!

K...I'll link this one and then toddle off for some more brain explosions at Adriennes and then I gotta take a break. Phew!

My goodness...you have a terrific and simple list. I'm looking forward to making mine...it will make an excellent Wishes post tomorrow.

and wow...you are gonna make me narrow my list of songs to one...Boy you don't ask the impossible do you? *gnashes teeth and grins*

Pamm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamm said...

Can't wait to see what you share, Greenwoman...blessings!!