Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

What's My Path?

When asked what my religion is, I never know what to say. In Italy last year, to stop discussion when I would be asked, I would just say "Buddhist." It's an easy handle to hold onto, even though I don't consider myself one. I used to call myself an Eclectic-Esoteric-Ancient-New Age-Pagan-Mystic. Then I just said Tantrika. Now it's either that or Mystic. It doesn't matter because I get the same blank look either way. So although it has no name, per se, it includes

Tons of Tantra
















A Little Mystic Christianity










Some Paganism/Wicca










Tons of New Thought








A Smidge of Hinduism











A Good Amount of Buddhist Practice











Shamanism




My Mother

But my primary source, my place of greatest learning, my primary guide and what/who I listen to most.
Me

Photo/Art Credits
Dalai Lama from
Encyclopedia Britannica
Shaman's Medicine Wheel from here
Ocean from here
Kali from here
Mother Mary from Sandra Stanton
Drawing Down The Moon taken from here
New Thought/Law Of Attraction, Abraham-Hicks
Tantra ShivaShakti from here

4 comments:

Warrior said...

Wow
let me go make a coffee wow.
I have such a huge reaction. My chakras are tingling. mmmmm
I like everything about it but I am bit suspect about some of what you mention. The new thought I have no idea what it is. And those people look spooky. The rest is cool but I only know a little tantra. :-) Thank you.

Pamm said...

You betcha...

Patricia Singleton said...

I like your style. I feel the same when it comes to sharing who I am and what my religious beliefs are. I call myself a Christian and I am so much more. My altar has American Indian pictures, feathers, crystals, a Buddha statue, pictures of Krishna, Sai Baba, Jesus, Mother Mary, Ganesh, pictures of wolves, tigers, a snake,and eagles. I believe some of all of them. People look strangely at my Namaste sign over my dining room door and at my Sai Baba pictures scattered thoughout my house. I used crystals for healing, sage for smudging, and salt for clearing. I believe spirits live in and occasionally visit my house. I talk to a friend who died a year and a half ago when she comes to guide me through difficult situations in my life. I went to India and was told to go home and worship Jesus. Mother Mary has come to me in my meditations. My life has been greatly enriched by my expanded views of God. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Pamm said...

Thanks for stopping by and sharing yours.

Who "told you" to go home and be with Jesus? Get it in a meditation? I love this stuff because it all comes back to connecting with our Truth no matter where it is. I truly believe it's all One and we get to sample the flavor that's "us."