Friday, April 20, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Cleansing Cold

art by Drew Guest


I am really really sick. Sicker from a cold than I have been in years. I hab a head code and am all duffy.

I'm in my body; actually I'm in my sinuses and my lungs. They require I be present with them. I have to remember to breathe, to open slowly so I don't cough but to open to bring life force into me to heal. My body's a bit sore, I don't have much energy. All I want to do is lie around and feel.

I don't really do this sick thing very often, but when I do, I try to find out why my body decided to do this right now. What's it trying to tell me?

A few weeks back, I got really sick from alcohol for the first time in twenty years. I had been graciously taken to an outrageous Japanese dinner and way overdid the sake. Not my usual MO. Later that night, when I woke up and drank more water, I got progressively nauseous. I ended up being sick all the next day and queasy/not right for about five days after.

While I was out of it I started to self pleasure at one point and brought myself to a huge clitoral orgasm. Normally this is it for me...once I have one of these, my body wants to rest before it will go there again. But this time, they came one right after the other...four or five. All explosive, all equal in strength.

I got that it had to do with the vomiting I had done- that it had opened up my Hara, or third chakra so there were no blocks to interfere with the orgasmic energy moving through me. I learned that I have work to do on my Third Chakra, the place of power. It's time for me to look at the whys and ways I have given my power away, abandoned myself.

I remember another time I was sick about fourteen years ago. I had a raging fever, all my body hurt, and I couldn't even get up to get myself some water. I was all alone. I don't know if I got delirious or whatever, but I started to get these wonderful little rivulets of wormie type energy going through my body. They would be on my arm and leg, then my torso, then head, then down my legs. They were beautiful and I almost didn't take the fever remedy that someone finally brought me. I didn't want them to go away.

And now I have this cold.

I have not been self pleasuring.

I have not been feeling little delightful sparkly zingies.

I have been crying lots.

Lungs have to do with grief. My sinuses feel like they are holding unshed tears.

So I am letting them flow, allowing whatever is there that I have kept inside for whatever amount of time to release and not be held in my body any more. I'm thinking this is a cleanse, so I am allowing my body to just do and be what it wants. It feels like it's a good thing.

No comments: