Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Aha Moment #428.7


I'm reading "The Diving Matrix" by Gregg Braden. I read "The Isaiah Effect" yearsyears ago. Man, his stuff excites me!! It's all about the interface of Spirituality and Physics.

As I was reading, I flashed on how science continues to "prove" the Ancient Teachings of every branch of mysticism.

I flashed on how mainstream religion pits itself against science, like they are at war. I then thought of who were the loudest voices of that, and I flashed on how it's the far right that does so.

And then I got that the energy of it comes from fear...just as mainstam religion rejects mysticism and all traditions/spiritual paths it labels as "other" from fear.

And since mysticism is what physics is slowly proving, no bloody wonder the right rejects science.

It isn't that science is anti-spirituality...no way...it's that science puts into question their flavor of seperatist exclusionist religion.

I understand the fear of being confronted with a paradigm shift. What will happen to their worldview if they are "wrong?"...what will the world look like if there is no god "in charge" with a preordained plan?

No wonder they're afraid and want to silence.

Art from here

5 comments:

Mark said...

Interesting how most religions both modern and ancient were and are fear based. Interesting that the fear is that the fear will be taken away and there may be no need for a particular religion. Hmmm, quite the circle is it not? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

Greenwoman said...

Mmmm...And it makes me feel extraordinary compassion for them and I pray that they find something that gives them a sense of peace and safety that feels familiar which they feel they can count on...because when they do, many things in the world will ease. Lots of things. Including things like Prop 8 and other social issues that cause alot of strife. ((hugs))

Pamm said...

It is, Mark...definitely. This is the beauty of all this...that in letting go of the fear, they are free, full of love and inner peace.

I keep marveling at how we cling to our pain.



Exactly, Greenwoman. It is these realizations that bring me back to compassion for them. And sadness for when we lose ourselves.

Fusion said...

All bible based religions are based on preserving their order through rules and the fear of what would happen to you if you break them. Maybe that's a bit generalised but fairly accurate.

I think nowdays the problem is many churches have become big business, and if anything upsets the applecart, people would be out of work. Again this is not always the case, many churches do not care about money, I'm just pointing out that some (coughLDScough) do...

Pamm said...

I agree that the business aspects might contribute, Fuse.

I was raised a Catholic. That charge has definitely been raised against them.

But I think it's more than that, too. I don't know about LDS too much, but I've studied Catholicism with a different perspective when I was getting my degree.

The early church theologians didn't all have money, nor were they tied into money. They were afriad...the Devil was everywhere to them. Fear reigned. I came to believe that they truly thought they and everyone else were damned unless they bowed down to The Church. For instance, they thought that a needle could not be dropped from heaven without hitting a demon.

When one is so afraid of being damned, one's soul forever lost one gets a bit touchy and fervent in their wanting to "protect" everyone and their worldview.

It's tricksy...and yes, often not so, when gold and power are involved.