Friday, November 21, 2008

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Obama And The Mayan Calendar


I haven't talked about the election of a few weeks ago.

I was overjoyed. When Obama got elected, for some reason I flashed on things I've read about the Mayan Calendar and how we were supposed to really start feeling the effects of the 2012 shift during 2008. I thought it so interesting that Obama will be our president during this transition.
I still have no opinions about what the shift means in terms of where we'll end up. I keep getting this hit that it doesn't mean the Earth will be annihilated or that we are doomed as a species. I believe it's a New Age.

The sense I get is that Obama is a reflection and a manifestation of hope. I don't see him as having all the answers, nor do I pretend to think that I will be happy with many or most of his choices as President.
However...

The energy his campaign inspired- hope, action, community, participation, a vision of engagement;

The use of the internet and the example of its potential power to unite us in a common goal spoke to me of a shift in powerbase. A shift in the fundamental way we operate as a country and a world;

The dreams and desires of the masses to remember and live the ideals this country was built on;

All these speak to me. They speak strongly.

Then, while walking the other day...I pondered.

If it's true that this last cycle of the Mayan calendar means that the world as we know it will change....isn't it interesting that this election comes on the heels of one of the darkest political regimes this country has known?

It's like the last administration is a metaphor and the reality of where arrogance and disconncection from Spirit can take us when played out to the extreme. We, as a country, are pretty ruined on just about every level. Our people are troubled, questioning, searching. We're lost, clinging to an old idea of ourselves that needs ReVisioning in a new world.

But just like every spiritual quest, things often have to get beyond horrid before they get better. It's like Bush was our collective darkest night and Obama is the symbol of the dawn.

In Abraham terms, we went through this huge contrast to figure out what we don't want. Bush provided us with our asking. The election of Obama and all he symbolizes...not the man himself, but what was triggered is those of us who voted for him...is our opportunity to allow. Allow ourselves, our country, our world to receive and change in the ways we truly want to be as people of conscience and spirit.

We truly live in exciting times!

Art: It's Always Darkest Before The Dawn by Judy Chicago taken from here

5 comments:

Fusion said...

I am so looking forward to this new dawn, and can't wait for Jan 20to arrive. IMHO, Bush should be brought up on charges once he leaves office...

My son told me the other day though that due to differences in the way we keep time now, that he had heard (read?) that it's already 2036 on the Mayan calender, and we should be looking at the events that took place 24 years ago or so... Has anyone else heard this?

Pamm said...

Hey, Fuse...

It's not that it's aligned with any man made calendar or our concept of time. It's an astronomical event in the truest sense.

It happens on the Winter Solstice 2012 when the Sun and Earth will line up with the Milky Way and I believe a black hole (from what I've read). The Mayans described the Black Hole, although with a different name.

Greenwoman said...

I have the opinion that suns in all their forms are guardians of time...the black hole being the form in which all times are one- all hearts are one- all consciousness is in unity.

Just some flashes to share.

I agree in all ways about how you see Obama. I think that he may just have the right personality to bring many feuding sides to any conflict he tends to and bring out the best solutions for all concerned. And he's smart enough to bring good people in to help him, knowing he doesn't have all the answers. Time will tell the story and we will live its history.

Karmalized Girl said...

I too think Obama's presidency is a sign of the times! A big sign that says change is here now! Thank goodness - L

Pamm said...

Indeed, TKC!!! I keep getting increasingly excited as the bits and pieces of the journey continue. Very Good Stuff.

Thanks for stopping by!