Monday, March 3, 2008

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Today

While the rest of the country seems as if it's in the middle of a block of ice, here in the Northern California Valley, Spring has arrived full on.


On my walk today, I noticed the almond trees blooming. Prettypretty pink and white flowers are everywhere. Bees (thankfully) will still be humming later today. The morning air is crisp-perfect for a walk/jog, while listening to Abraham on tape. Daffodils are smiling, grass shoots are tender green. Everything feels new.

When I got home, I made myself some Yogi Detox tea and put it in one of my favorite tea cups.
Then I cooked up some steel cut oats sauteed with kale and onions, topped it off with two eggs over medium, then put all in my pretty bowl. Pretty bowls make me happy... as does my beautiful cutlery which has a spiral on the end of it.
Life is perfect.



Orchard image from here
Tea image from here. My favorite line of teas, readily available in most health stores. These days I'm hooked on a number of them. For a desert drink, try the "Thai Sweet Delight" (it's coconutty) with foamed soy milk, a dash of vanilla and some Blue Agave Sweetener. Yum.
My bowl from
here at Dinnerware Depot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!!

Have you ever had breakfast barley?

I discovered this dish at Kripalu. Its cooked barley, topped with raisen sauce, and a mixture of ground flax seed, pecan meal, brewer's yeast and some other nut...can't remember what now. Yummy!!!

Pamm said...

I bet..sounds like it. I make stuff kinda the same (raisens not sauce) but usually use steel cut oats. Gonna give barley a try. Thanks!!!

JulieAnn said...

This whole post made me happy. :)

Pamm said...

Oh, goodie, Julieann...made me happy, too. Have a grand breakfast tomorrow!