Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

ALICE And The Rabbit Hole

Tomorrow ALICE is being tested! I'm so excited...heard about it some time back when I read articles about concern that it will open worm holes. I'm thinking rabbit holes sound more warm and fuzzy, if not nearly as interesting.

What is ALICE? A Large Ion Collider Experiment.

I was led to this:



What's a Hadron? Find out here.
A little more about it in article format is here.
What Steven Hawking has to say about it.

And on another note...on my Yahoo homepage is an article on scientists creating a new form of life.

I've always been puzzled when people say that science is the antithesis of spirituality. I think it the same thing, just another Path. Both explain the universe. It's just that science is taking longer to do so :) and needs empirical evidence so the Logical Mind will accept what the Mystic Mind has always known. But don't get me wrong- I love science. I love that it is supporting, rather than negating, what Mystics have said for centuries.

Spirituality says "In the Beginning was the Word" .....and the Word was the Big Bang...I mean...isn't a Bang a sound?

Spirituality says our Spirits live on after we die.....and didn't Einstein or someone prove something about how energy is never lost, it just changes form?

Spirituality says there is the Dark and the Light. Science says matter and antimatter, or dark holes and our known universe.

I mean...am I the only person who sees this stuff?

Note to Self...get subscription to Scientific American. Seems to be lots going on....there's change in the air. Cool. Wonder what's up.

4 comments:

Warrior said...

Nope the whole world is talking about it. But every time I see the name of that collector I see Hardon. I dunno maybe it's Freudian.

Claudia said...

Have you seen What the bleep do we know? down the rabbit hole? great stuff! I agree with you-that science and spirituality are not necessarily separate-as much as the two sides would like to think it!! :)

Fusion said...

And look! We're all still here!

Heh heh...

Pretty interesting stuff for sure Pamm!

Pamm said...

Hey, Warrior...is the whole world talking about ALICE? or that science and spirit are the same thing...I was referring to me seeing them the same.



I have seen the Bleep movie, Claudia. And oh, goodie..someone else who sees it, too!!:)



Yup...still here...although it hasn't been amped up yet, Fuse....it was only a test and an incomplete one at that. I hear it won't really be fully tested at full power for a year or so. I'm sure loving all the weird science and stuff on TV lately.