Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

Words


And these last few weeks ponderings on the meaning of words.

Another one of those paradoxes I so love:

Words mean nothing...it's action that counts.

Words are extremely powerful tools of the psyche in both creating and interpreting the world.

I have tons of emotional responses to words. The words I've been playing with these last few weeks are the differences of my internal responses when I hear or say: surrender, release, let go, or allow.

Whenever I hear the word "surrender," I feel a battle or struggle and that one side capitulates to the other. Or, at least, as in sexual surrender, there's some outside influence that I have no control over that overcomes me and I finally realize there is no way I can avoid the other's dominance. It could be two internal parts of me that are "warring." I also get this feeling that it's not something I really want...but that I can no longer fight or keep at bay. In other words: when I surrender, I do so unwillingly. If I look at that energy a bit deeper, there's a tad bit of Victim Voice in there for me.

I emotionally respond to release and "let go" in the same ways. I get the feeling, again, of a stuggle of some sort, or a resistance but that it's something I've been holding on to through either conscious or unconsious thought. No Victims here.

The newest perspective I've been focusing on...for the last...oh...seven years or so is that of "allowing." My Old Friend, Abraham introduced it to me and I like it. It feels free, flowy, opening and expansive to me. It feels in the moment, alive with life, opening to all that is

So..HA!...yeah...it feels to me as if I've been surrendering to the outer experiences in my life...letting go and releasing my internal reactions.

And I'm shifting...and getting really close into allowing all of it.

Yeah, they're only words, but words can convey to me what's really going on in this brain of mine and the ways in which I operate. They provide me with subtle nuances of my energetic response to life and what I put out/how my psyche react and attracts in the world.
Art:
Surrender by Lunea Weatherstone from her great Full Moon Dreams Tarot deck. Beautiful images, all.

8 comments:

derick said...

hello pam,
a journey through words---the deeper one scratches the more comes up.
here is something for you: in the surrender and the release of letting go, i allow all to flow and with that i give myself permission to grow.

the words will always remain the building blocks on the journey to infinity
take care
derick

Pamm said...

Nice mantra, Derick...thanks.

Blessings and Hugs-

Anonymous said...

Words/thoughts are the catalyst of actions.

Pamm said...

They are, aren't they, Mark?

Hugs and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Greenwoman said...

My friend L frequently talks about surrender, that it isn't submission it is just letting go of trying to control how relief will come....and putting it in the hands of 'Something Greater'.

I think that most people assume that submission to another person or situation is all about subverting the self...for me it is really about embracing Other to the point of forgetting self. Not on purpose for the activity of it...but in response to sublime love.

For me surrender is really an expression of devotion.

More words...*grins*

Pamm said...

Hi, Greenwoman...yup. And why communication is such a wonderful thing!

Hugs your way!

Warrior said...

would a rose by any other name still smell as sweet? Of course it would. Our words are the code we use to communicate what we think and feel... it can lead to great pain when we don't realise we are talking about th e same thing because we misconstrue the words we hear and use...and it is not just in your brain it is happening, maybe your very cells are concious in some way...how would they tell you what is happening if they don't have the words ....?

Pamm said...

Agreed, Warrior...agreed. Hugs.