Monday, November 26, 2007

Stumble It! - Del.icio.us - Digg - Technorati - Blinklist - Furl - Reddit!

My New Friend, EFT

A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine called to tell me about a special healer lady who was in town who did this tapping thing with the meridians. She was highly impressed and would I like the opportunity to have a session with this woman?

I had been asking for "something more," as a new tool. So even though I didn't feel an immediate attraction to go, I said I'd think about it. When I called back the next morning, I got the last slot.

I'm a fairly open, yet highly skeptical person. I have high standards for new techniques that come my way. I was open to this, but had my feelers up big time. As I listened and considered it, I was more attracted to the principle behind it...that when things happen to us, our bodies may respond by having our electrical wiring (the meridians) discombobulated. If that doesn't get tended to, it creates a glitch in the matrix.

When the end points of these meridians are tapped, while focusing on the emotions that the situation elicited but weren't healed, and repeating a healing statement to redirect the energy, the wiring gets rerouted and the emotional block goes away.

When she started the work, I remembered I had done this before...years back, maybe as an intro something and included with a something else. The memories are so foggy that I can't even remember where or why or what. But I do remember doing it. I've seen it referenced in various places, but never investigated it further.

I am now.

As I left, I asked for any information on remembering the points. The healer woman directed me to this site, by a guy, Gary Craig, who put this whole technique together. It's called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). There's a free E-book downloadable manual that explains it all. They also have instructional DVD's for sale, workshops listed, practitioners, and an online community of support for finding shortcuts and ideas on how to deal with anything from headaches, to depression, anxiety, losing weight, addictions, PTSD, insomnia, back aches, business blocks (!), phobias and all sorts of stuff. Craig suggests trying it on everything. Yes, it's called Emotional Freedom technique. But I guess people are getting all sorts of positive accompanying physical results as the emotional basis for their dis-ease is cleared up.

The science behind it makes sense to me. I like that most of the practitioners listed are therapists and doctors. I like that there are studies of EFT being done all over the world and that the results are positive.

I'm hooked!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

EFT is a very powerful technique. I use it in conjunction with my Reiki practice and other techniques. For me, it's best at cleaning up recent emotional disruptions. As always, your mileage will vary.

Pamm said...

Thanks for stopping by, John. I'm finding it really powerful, too. I've been using it with the breathwork and am loving it. I know it's "worked" when I feel a rush of energy go out my legs. It's cool.

derick said...

pam,
thank you
:-)

Pamm said...

Hey, Derick!!! You bet. I was happy to finally "get" it.

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled with EFT too :) Took a while to get over the "but it looks to silly to work" block that I had, but now, I use it for everything.

Wait until you play around with it for a while! You will be amazed to see how many things you can address with it.

I think one of the cool things about it is that Gary offers the full manual for free and if you buy DVDs, he allows you to make up to 100 copies and share them with your friends.

Great stuff for sure! Have fun with it!

Pamm said...

Thanks for stopping by, Vicki...it's so fun to hear others' experiences with it. I continue to be really intrigued with its possibilities. I have the manual and was looking at the DVD's. Didn't know that about the copies..wow...